Piccalio Package Protection Policy
Piccalio Package Protection covers lost, stolen, and damaged items that fit the following criteria. Review the policies to understand what lost, stolen, and damaged items Piccalio Package Protection will cover.
For more details on what to expect in an; Order Issue Resolution please see our Order Issue Resolution Expectations below.
Lost Items Policy
Packages presumed to be lost
- Order issues for packages presumed to be lost by the carrier (where the status is not "delivered") must be filed no sooner than 7 calendar days after the last tracking update for United States domestic shipments (21 days for international shipments, including Canada).
Estimated Delivery Date
After 5 calendar days have passed from an estimated delivery date given from the carrier, and no delivery or update has been made, Piccalio Package Protection will consider the order to be "lost" and assist with next steps.
Invalid address or delivery barriers
- Sometimes carriers cannot deliver the customer’s package due to an invalid address or other unexpected delivery barriers. At this point, the carrier might return the package to the sender/retailer. The customer’s package is not actually lost, thus Piccalio does not cover this. In instances where the item is being returned to the sender and is reusable, customers will be issued a refund and will be responsible for replacing their order at their convenience. Please reach out to us here if you believe your order has been returned to our warehouse.
Only part of the order delivered
- It is not guaranteed that all items in your order will ship at the same time. In fact, it's more likely that the items in your order will ship at different times. We'll get your entire order out as quickly as possible, and you'll receive a shipping confirmation email with a tracking link as soon as each item leaves our warehouse. Please reach out to us here if you believe an item from your order is missing or has not shipped.
- If a single order is being shipped in multiple packages and one package does not arrive, Piccalio Package Protection will cover the order issue and reorder or refund the value of the undelivered package.
- If Piccalio forgets to ship an item from the customer’s order, the customer needs to reach out to us directly.
Packages labeled "return to sender"
- Piccalio Package Protection does not cover packages labeled return to sender. Items are returned to sender when a customer provides an invalid or undeliverable address or refuses a delivery.
- Exceptions can me made at our discretion, but it is case-by-case and is not guaranteed.
- Piccalio Package Protection will cover the customer's order if the package gets lost in-transit back to the sender, if the package was returned to sender due to a carrier error.*
*Please note: Piccalio Package Protection timeframes for filing apply.
Order stuck in customs:
- Piccalio Package Protection cannot cover when a customer’s order is stuck in international borders/customs.
- The customer’s next step is to pay the customs fees in order to receive the package.
- Piccalio Package Protection is not responsible for customs fees due at time of delivery.
Order marked as unfulfilled or unshipped
- If the customer’s order is marked as unfulfilled or unshipped, the order hasn’t been fulfilled yet by Piccalio. Piccalio Package Protection only covers orders that have shipped. Piccalio Package Protection is not yet in action because the order has not shipped.
- Piccalio does not control how quickly the carrier updates the shipping status.
Order issue filed too soon
- If the customer is filing an order issue the same day that the package was marked as delivered, at our discretion Piccalio may ask you to wait 5 days. Carriers (FedEx, USPS, UPS, DHL, etc.) sometimes prematurely mark the package as delivered when it’s still in transit.
Stolen Items Policy
Delivered but Missing Package
- Order issues for packages marked "delivered" yet not received are considered stolen, and must be filed 5 days after “delivery date” but no longer than 15 days to ensure it was not mis-delivered or easily found around the premises.
Filing a Police Report or In-Person Notarized Statement
- At our discretion, Piccalio may require a police report or in-person notarized statement form when the customer’s package is marked as delivered.
If requested, the customer will file the police report/notarized form and include an explanation that Piccalio Package Protection is a package insurance, and we have protected the customer’s package that has been stolen. To process the order issue with Piccalio, Piccalio is requiring a police report/notarized form.
- Send Piccalio the police report PDF & number in the order issue (if a notarized statement was requested, send over a screenshot and details of the notary form signed by a notary public).
- Upon request, Piccalio may require additional documentation such as proof of identity, a notarized statement, address, etc.
Note: Depending upon the jurisdiction, a false police report may be charged as a misdemeanor or a felony.
Delivered to wrong address
- If the customer input the correct address at checkout and the package was delivered to the wrong address, Piccalio considers this as stolen and we will replace the order on behalf of the customer.
Damaged Items Policy
Damaged Item Arrived
- Order Issues for damaged orders must be filed within 15 days of the delivery date.
- If the customer received a broken item and needs to dispose of it (i.e. shattered glass), the customer needs to check their city ordinances and dispose of it properly.
- The customer does not need to ship it back to the retailer (unless the retailer indicates otherwise).
- A damaged item is considered to be a broken product that is unusable, clearly fractured, shattered, bent (if not bendable), crushed, etc. due to transit.
- Piccalio Package Protection does not cover cosmetic damage (scratches, dents, etc.), manufacturing damages, packaging errors, or unsealed items.
- Piccalio requires further evidence of the customer’s damaged item (i.e. more photos, videos, etc.). If your item is damaged or defective, please fill out this form and a member of our team will get back to you within 24 business hours with next steps.
Out of stock or Back ordered items
- Shipping times are updated regularly on the product page for all pre-orders and back orders. If your order is still in making process you will receive an email notification as soon as it's dispatched and on the way to you. At that time, Piccalio Package Protection will be activated for your order should it be lost, stollen or damaged in transit.
- Piccalio can offer the customer a refund for the item that is out of stock. The customer can always use that refund to order the item when it’s back in stock.
Input wrong address
- If the customer entered the wrong address at the time of order, Piccalio does not cover this under Package Protection. If your order is in transit and is being shipped to the wrong address, you are responsible for letting Piccalio know. If the order is returned to sender, Piccalio will issue a refund for the order. At that time it is the customer’s responsibility to place a new order with the correct shipping information.
- If the customer is unsatisfied with their product, Piccalio is not a product replacement plan and the order issue cannot be approved.
The customer needs to reach out to the retailer. This request may be covered under the retailer’s return policy.
Too late to file
- Piccalio can action an order issue that is filed within the bounds of our domestic/international timeline policy. If an order issue is filed outside of this timeline, Piccalio will deny the order issue according to these policies:
- Order issues for packages marked "delivered" yet not received and where there is no evidence of “porch piracy” must be made 5 days after “delivery date” but no longer than 15 days to ensure it was not mis-delivered or easily found around the premises."
- Order issues for packages presumed to be lost by the carrier (where the status is not "delivered") must be filed no sooner than 7 days after the scheduled delivery date for United States domestic shipments (20 days for international shipments, including Canada) and within 30 days from the last checkpoint.
Expedited shipping hasn't arrived
- If the customer’s package is delayed for whatever reason, Piccalio Package Protection will not cover it.
- Carriers update their website with expected delays due to inclement weather or other barriers to expected delivery.
- If the customer paid for expedited shipping but the package arrives outside of the expected window, Piccalio Package Protection will not cover it.
Package in Pre-Shipment
- Piccalio Package Protection reserves the right to deny order issues where package tracking is marked as "pre-shipment".
Non-sanctioned shipping address
- Piccalio is based in the United States of America. Due to shipping policies in the US, Piccalio will not cover issues shipped to countries that are not sanctioned by the US. List available here.
Closed order issues
- If a customer does not respond within 5 days, Piccalio will automatically close the order issues. Customers can open the order issues back up by responding to the original thread.
Didn't want Piccalio Package Protection
- If the customer’s package has not shipped, Piccalio can refund the Piccalio premium.
- If the item has shipped, Piccalio Package Protection is already protecting the package and cannot be refunded at that time.
Order Issue Resolution Expectations
When an order issue is reported and resolved, the product will either be reordered or refunded depending on in-stock availability and the percentage of discounts received.
In some cases, order issues may not be approved per the Piccalio Package Protection policies.
In this article, you can read more about what a customer can expect in each scenario and where to reach out for further questions:
- Shortly after Piccalio has processed a reorder, the customer should receive a confirmation email from the merchant that includes the new order number and receipt of purchase. Once the the order is fulfilled, the customer will receive another email with tracking information: tracking number, and a link to track via the carrier service (i.e. UPS, USPS, etc.).
- Every reorder placed through Piccalio will also be covered by Piccalio Package Protection in the case of lost, stolen, or damaged items. So rest assured that the customer can always reach out to us should they experience another protected situation!
Shipping and tax costs will be refunded to original payment methods but in the case we are not able to offer a refund to your original form of payment, we will offer a PayPal refund as an alternative option.
In both cases, the Piccalio Protection cost will not be refunded.
- If the customer does not currently have a PayPal account, don’t worry! PayPal is easy, fast, and free to set up, all you need to do is follow this link to get started: https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/account-selection.
- Once the customer's PayPal refund has been processed, they should expect to see funds reflect in their PayPal balance within the next business day (if not much sooner). Sometimes it’s tricky to navigate how to transfer those funds to their bank account, so they can also reference this PayPal article if they need help!
Original Form of Payment
If their payment is processed to the original form of payment, they can expect to see those back to their account within 5-7 business days.