Mini Cutter | Wooden Kids Knife
Share the magical power of chopping up kitchen yumminess with your little one. Bananas, strawberries, cucumbers – oh my! The possibilities for fun and learning are plentiful with this wooden, Montessori-inspired knife.
- Supports fine motor skill development and independence
- Great for heuristic play, pretend play, and open-ended play
- Eco-friendly, non-toxic, and FDA compliant
- Super safe and doesn't break the skin
Our Montessori kids knife offers a fun and educational way for your child to stay busy in the kitchen while you prepare a meal.
- Material - Made with sustainably sourced FSC® European Beech wood. No harmful substances/lead and phthalate safe.
- Safety - Conforms to ASTM F963, U.S. CPSC safety standards and California Prop 65. Intertek certified.
- GREENGUARD GOLD CERTIFIED - Tested for over 10,000 chemicals and passes the most stringent emission standards. It contributes to clean indoor air, creating a healthier environment for your little one to play and grow.
- Recommended age - 18 months +
Dimensions & Care
- 4 in x 3.5 in
- Cleans easily using damp cloth and mild soap.
- Do NOT leave to soak in water.
- Dry immediately.
Open-ended living for independent learning
Toddlers learn best when they touch things, smell things, taste things, and see things. Look for ways to provide hands-on, firsthand experiences to encourage independence and self-directed learning.
How to Teach Your Child to Use a Knife
Most toddlers are enthusiastic helpers if we can find a way for them to safely be involved. If you’re wondering how to teach your child to use a wooden knife, we’ve put together a guide to walk you through teaching this skill.
Use a damp, clean cloth to wipe the surfaces. Slight maintenance may be required over time.
Don’t leave or store your Piccalio products outside. They are protected by a lacquer coating but are made of wood and are therefore susceptible to damage caused by exposure to rain and wet conditions.
We recommend keeping our wood products in dry, non-humid environments, and kept away from heat sources such as radiators, heat registers, stoves, or other appliances that produce heat.
The Mini Cutter is made from FSC Certified (sustainably harvested) solid Beech wood and non-toxic finish (edible Linseed oil). It is FDA compliant.
What parents like you have to say
- Janelle C.Verified BuyerReviewingMini Cutter | Wooden Kids KnifeI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars10 seconds agoGreat quality toddler knife
Super design, nice quality. My toddler loves it.
- Caitlin F.Verified BuyerReviewingMini Cutter | Wooden Kids KnifeI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars1 month agoMy daughter loves to help in the kitchen now!
I always asked my 3 year old to come help me with cooking dinner, but she felt nervous about the knives. I bought her a mini cutter and she loves it! She's so excited to slice and dice and contribute to making something delicious. Thank you.
- Stefanie G.Verified BuyerReviewingMini Cutter | Wooden Kids KnifeI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars1 month agoGreat learning tool!
My son is enjoying practicing to cut his own strawberries every morning.
- Mariel J.Verified BuyerReviewingMini Cutter | Wooden Kids KnifeI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars1 month agoWell made
It feels like great quality, it works as described and ideal for tiny hands!
- Courtney O.Verified BuyerReviewingMini Cutter | Wooden Kids KnifeI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars2 months agoLove it.
My 2 year old loves to help cut fruit with it.