Mini Cutter | Wooden Kids Knife
Share the magical power of chopping up kitchen yumminess with your little one. Bananas, strawberries, cucumbers – oh my! The possibilities for fun and learning are plentiful with this wooden, Montessori-inspired knife.
- Supports fine motor skill development and independence
- Great for heuristic play, pretend play, and open-ended play
- Eco-friendly, non-toxic, and FDA compliant
- Super safe and doesn't break the skin
Our Montessori kids knife offers a fun and educational way for your child to stay busy in the kitchen while you prepare a meal.
- Material - Made with sustainably sourced FSC® European Beech wood. No harmful substances/lead and phthalate safe.
- Safety - Conforms to ASTM F963, U.S. CPSC safety standards and California Prop 65. Intertek certified.
- GREENGUARD GOLD CERTIFIED - Tested for over 10,000 chemicals and passes the most stringent emission standards. It contributes to clean indoor air, creating a healthier environment for your little one to play and grow.
- Recommended age - 18 months +
Dimensions & Care
- 4 in x 3.5 in
- Cleans easily using damp cloth and mild soap.
- Do NOT leave to soak in water.
- Dry immediately.
Open-ended living for independent learning
Toddlers learn best when they touch things, smell things, taste things, and see things. Look for ways to provide hands-on, firsthand experiences to encourage independence and self-directed learning.
How to Teach Your Child to Use a Knife
Most toddlers are enthusiastic helpers if we can find a way for them to safely be involved. If you’re wondering how to teach your child to use a wooden knife, we’ve put together a guide to walk you through teaching this skill.
Use a damp, clean cloth to wipe the surfaces. Slight maintenance may be required over time.
Don’t leave or store your Piccalio products outside. They are protected by a lacquer coating but are made of wood and are therefore susceptible to damage caused by exposure to rain and wet conditions.
We recommend keeping our wood products in dry, non-humid environments, and kept away from heat sources such as radiators, heat registers, stoves, or other appliances that produce heat.
The Mini Cutter is made from FSC Certified (sustainably harvested) solid Beech wood and non-toxic finish (edible Linseed oil). It is FDA compliant.
What parents like you have to say
- Linda K.Verified BuyerReviewingMini Cutter | Wooden Kids KnifeI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars10 seconds agoMini cutter
I purchased as a stocking stuffer for our granddaughter. It seems very sturdy and I think she’ll enjoy using it.
- Alli L.Verified BuyerReviewingMini Cutter | Wooden Kids KnifeI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars4 weeks agoAmazing Unlock for Toddlers
Our toddler wanted to help in the kitchen, and oddly was uninterested in the performative kind of help. This knife gave him a chance to see the food he was cutting go into the meal that he ate!
- Laura D.Verified BuyerReviewingMini Cutter | Wooden Kids KnifeI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars1 month agoMini cutter
I’m afraid this is a Christmas gift I have not yet given. The quality is beautiful though and I’m sure it will be well used
- Cass L.Verified BuyerReviewingMini Cutter | Wooden Kids KnifeI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars1 month agoMini cutter
This product is so awesome. My toddlers love helping cut fruit with this. They always want to help. It also works real well.
- Angie B.Verified BuyerReviewingMini Cutter | Wooden Kids KnifeI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars1 month agoLove the mini cutter
I have given this twice as a gift…love it so much. Wish I would’ve had one when my kids were little!